EXPLORING SELF-LOVE IN PARADISE
BE GUIDED THROUGH PRACTICAL, INSPIRING STEPS TO DEEPLY NOURISH AND NURTURE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOURSELF AND THE WIDER, WILDER WORLD IN AN OPEN-AIR PARADISE AT ONE OF THE WORLD’S TOP RATED RETREAT DESTINATIONS
February 11th-18th, 2023
A week-long retreat lovingly crafted just for women.
Awaken your senses, your sensuality and vitality and reclaim inner joy and tranquility in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
Gathering at Haramara Retreat in Sayulita truly feels like being nestled in a loving, safe community in unspoiled, natural beauty far from the stress, technology and responsibilities of our day to day lives. We have each been fortunate to experience its breathtaking open-air architectural design in a lush and luxurious atmosphere several times. Each year, we cannot wait to return. Our guests agree that mere words cannot describe the reconnection with self and others available at this place. It is like a long awaited exhale. It is like coming home to you.
We are once again offering a week at this singular property where we are surrounded by luxury, while enjoying completely outdoor experiences at this dreamy place that has been described as “Robinson Crusoe meets Architectural Digest”.
The retreat is situated on 12 private acres of land on the magnificent, rugged coast of the Pacific Ocean, backed by the Sierra Madre Mountains in Mexico. The accommodations are gorgeous private casitas that merge the outdoors with the inside, set apart from one another, each nestled within tropical jungle vegetation on a hillside overlooking a private, pristine beach.
The property has long been stewarded by a grounded, force of a woman with a vision of creating an untouched, eco-friendly sanctuary allowing guests to truly retreat from their lives and immerse themselves in the beauty of nature. She has employed the same sweet-natured, high quality, kind and thoughtful staff for years and has set high Covid standards that you can read more about here. We do not yet know what the state of the world will be in February 2023, but we intend to follow best health guidelines to ensure we are once again a trusted bubble.
This opportunity for meaningful self-discovery, self-trust and self-compassion in idyllic setting might be for you if:
- You long to let go of the schedule, of pushing, striving and strategizing and surrender to beauty and healthy pleasure
- You want to feel re-enlivened, reconnected and inspired
- You seek to be truly nourished by community, nature, fresh food and open air
- You are interested in movement and contemplative practices to reclaim and restore the aspects of you that have been forgotten, lost or rejected.
- You are intrigued by the idea of combining travel with opportunities to gain skills to cultivate more acceptance, enthusiasm and ease in your life.
A week in the sensual, lush surroundings of the destination that Yoga Journal calls one of the top ten yoga retreats in the world is the perfect time to unplug, reset, and reconnect with who you really are without the roles you play in your life.
What you’ll experience with Mary and Lisa:
- Practical tools to renew intimacy, appreciation and love for yourself, others and the world
- A renewed relationship with your senses, your body and your emotional depths
- Exploring rest, pleasure and receiving- do we believe we have to “earn it”
- Revitalizing, accessible morning movement and women’s qigong practices
- Powerful meditations to open your heart to compassion, peace and enjoyment
- Daily walks on “nature’s stair master”, a peaceful (yet at some points challenging) trek through flowering trees, singing tropical birds and palms down to a dramatic beachfront complete with swaying hammocks *Note, those not wishing to walk on sometimes steeper inclines may like to request a casita that is closer to the shalas and restaurant thus shortening the daily short hikes to and from the accommodations.
- Afternoon hatha, restorative, yin and yoga nidra practices depending on the needs of the group
- A special closing experience to reconnect with play and pleasure
- Quiet centered time, returning to wholeness and the chance to “be” rather than “do”
- An invitation to deepen your connection to nature and to other women.
What the day looks like:
- Daily sunrise therapeutic yoga experiences and qi gong practices with Lisa and Mary in a large, secluded, open air shalas surrounded by nature and birdsong (we’ll sometimes offer on the private beach!)
- Mid-morning group explorations of self-love with Mary, beginning and ending with embodied practices and meditations to integrate what’s being received with Lisa.
- Three healthy, organic and delicious vegetarian and pescatarian meals luxuriously served from Haramara’s highly acclaimed culinary kitchen in an open-air dining room with a spectacular view including a stunning sunset over the ocean every night.
- Enjoy free afternoons with a siesta, a stroll through the vast, jungle-like setting, relax on the secluded beach or at the breathtaking infinity pool looking down at the ocean. You may also indulge in optional spa treatments from supremely skilled local practitioners in spaces created for privacy, yet open to the warm breeze and ocean sounds.
- Optional late afternoon movement with Lisa, an exploration of therapeutic practices to support your body, mind and spirit.
- Inspiring and optional sleep support practices before bed.
What you’ll take home:
- Return to your life inspired, with a new set of daily practices to keep the fire of your vitality and desires burning brightly
- You’ll be re-enlivened in your most intimate relationships with yourself, others, and the world we share.
- Take your senses on a tour of the Haramara Retreat Center, acclaimed as one of the 10 best yoga retreats in the world.
- You’ll see why Mary has returned every year since 2015 and Lisa has attended with Mary three times!
ABOUT YOUR GUIDES
Mary Campbell is a long-time women’s empowerment and intimacy teacher, ordained minister and spiritual counselor, wedding officiant, and educator. She is devoted to helping people release what blocks their joy and open to the widest range of what is possible at the intersection of the sacred and the senses. With university degrees and success in career and family life, as she approached mid-life she watched her satisfaction and libido diminish. Under-nourished, despite all the trappings of the West’s success story, she found her voice and her deeper happiness by divining – like a divining rod finds water deep beneath the Earth’s crust – a fuller connection to the natural world and her own present-moment sense pleasure, what she believes every woman is born to enjoy. Mary is the author of the forthcoming book: The Pleasure Playbook: 13 Invitations for Awakening Joy. She offers women’s workshops and retreats near her home in the Berkshire hills of Western Massachusetts and around the globe and works privately with individuals and couples wishing to deepen their connection with themselves, their loved ones and the wider world. You can find years of her periodic blogs and offerings at DiviningBeauty.com, on FB at DiviningBeauty, videos on her YouTube channel, and on Instagram.
Lisa Dumas is a Certified Yoga Therapist and 500 hr Yoga Teacher who is passionate about helping women soothe their worried minds and bodies. Drawing from the systems of yoga, meditation, ayurveda and personal development she curates accessible healing experiences for the modern, busy human. A former stressed out radio broadcaster, she found increased health and wellbeing through yoga therapy. For the last decade, she has served as an advocate for her client’s wellness goals for their bodies, minds, and spirits, specializing in offering relief of anxiety, depression, stress, digestive and sleep issues. Through her facilitation of groups, retreats, and private sessions, she intends to help women create kinder inner landscapes so they can lead, work and live from a place of compassion, self-trust and belonging. In her teachings, expect therapeutic skills for freedom of movement and increased sustainable strengthening for the body, techniques to calm the mind and an invitation to reconnect with the more expansive part of being human. Learn more about Lisa at lisadumasyoga.com
We are limiting the number of retreat guests to a total of fifteen, including Mary and Lisa, so this experience will sell out quickly. Given COVID precautions, in order to secure shared double, triple, or quad accommodations at Haramara, we recommend registering with a friend or friends with whom you’re comfortable sharing space. In the case that we have multiple single guests wanting shared casitas, we will accommodate the best we can given our small group. If you wish to attend the retreat without bringing a friend to share your casita, and we do not have another single to pair you with, you must register as a single (or speak to us personally about other options). If you are intending to join us, we encourage you to save your spot soon.
A down-payment of $1000.00 (USD for US residents, CAN for Canadians) will save your space, with $500.00 being non-refundable. Total payment due by December 15th, 2022. (Payment plans can be available) It is mandatory for each guest to acquire travel insurance within 72 hours of the booking date (the date you pay your deposit) that includes the option to “cancel for any reason” as there will be no refunds due to travel interruptions or illness. To assist you in the new world of travel arrangements, our retreat features the use of a skilled travel advisor to book your flights, plan any additional travel following the retreat and ensure you have purchased the proper travel insurance to protect your investment.
Canadian guests, notice that we have crafted prices that make the retreat more accessible for you. Rather than having to pay the complete and challenging conversion costs that come with purchasing in US funds, we have compromised on our teaching fees for your easier involvement in this powerfully enlivening experience that past attendees call one of the most unforgettable trips they have ever treated themselves to:
- Seven days and nights at the breathtaking, incomparable Haramara Resort in Sayulita, Mexico
- Three absolutely delicious vegan, vegetarian or pescatarian meals per day which includes a vast selection of fruit, yogurt, homemade granola and made to order hot dishes for breakfast, a three course nourishing lunch and dinner that will have you glowing from the inside out. (dairy-free and gluten free options available) Excludes alcohol.
- An opening night orientation at dinner and a special brunch on departure day.
- Exclusive access to 12 private acres of jungle trails, a healing saltwater infinity pool and opportunities to watch the sunrise and sunset in paradise every day
- A 60 minute sound bath meditation.
- An inspirational bonfire experience on the beach
- Daily sunrise, late morning, afternoon and optional evening premium teachings, practices and guidance from Mary and Lisa. Wednesday is a free day with an optional outing to a gorgeous nearby beach
What’s Not Included:
- Shuttles to and from Haramara (shared shuttles range from $15 USD to $90 per person for arrival shuttles depending on how many guests per trip/ $10 USD to $65 USD for departure shuttle)
- Gratuities for shuttle and retreat staff (suggested tip for retreat staff, $100 USD for the week)
- Incredible restoring and inspiring spa treatments with gifted practitioners and healers (ranging from $90-$120 USD per treatment)
- Additional snacks like fresh coconut water, superfood smoothies, guacamole or drinks from the pool cafe and bar.
- Travel Insurance: A travel insurance policy that includes the option to “cancel for any reason” must be attained within 3 days of booking (paying your deposit). You can add the airfare to the policy at a later date. Canadian travelers from B.C. and Ontario can work with our Canadian based Travel Advisor to retain proper insurance. American guests can receive information from our retreat Travel Advisor regarding insurance and can purchase a policy through the John Hancock Insurance Company here.
- B.C. and Ontario residents please email Robert McDowell, Travel Advisor of Pivot Travel BCCP # 66868 to discuss travel insurance options and make flight arrangements. Remember you must purchase insurance within 3 days of purchasing the retreat and your airfare – firstname.lastname@example.org
- American residents purchasing through John Hancock, please “select” the “cancel for any reason” choice which is available in either the silver or gold packages. We require you to send us a copy of your travel policy document. Expect to pay between 200 and 300 dollars for an appropriate travel insurance policy.
Single: CAN 3975/ US: 3600
Double: CAN 3300/US 2900
Triple: CAN 2700/ US 2400
Quad: CAN 2350/ US 2000
Dorm: CAN 1995/ US1750
Email me to purchase your retreat.
We are available to answer any additional questions you may have. We are thrilled that Haramara has also arranged to have a Doctor come on site during the retreat to administer covid tests at an additional cost should we still require them and provide us with the appropriate paperwork required for our flights home! Additional Covid precautions can be found here
Looking forward to an unforgettable vacation in paradise!
Mary and Lisa